Sunday, July 13, 2014

So I have a title for Ensyang's story...

I finally managed to take a breather from work and continued my sequel to Finding Mr. Write, with Ensyang's story, tentatively titled Loving Mr. Wright. Right now, I'm at 13,000 words and I'm several chapters behind and in advance.

What do I mean?

Most of the time, when I write, the scenes just come to me and I have to write them down. They are insisting to be written in that way, and the characters won't have it any other way. So what I do is adapt the scenes to fit the flow of my story.

But the problem is, the scenes come to me in bits and pieces. For example, I just wrote the first part of the epilogue. Yes, you got that right, the epilogue. I have an idea of what the story is, but I'm still figuring out how to get there and how to make it believable. I cannot force a scene and I cannot force my characters to do this or that. The way I write, it has to come naturally to me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but based on experience, the words sound all wrong when I try to force it.

And before that epilogue, I'm on the verge of finishing a mischievous scene that Marcia and Beatrice had concocted. But I know I still have to work on the relationship, and the issues between them, and make Ensyang and the delicious Mr. Wright's clashes more real. So stay tuned because I am determined to finish this soon. :)

In other news, I have a Goodreads fan page! Whoever is the good soul who made it for me, thank you! If you've read, or want to read, Finding Mr. Write, please add my book to your bookshelf :) My Goodreads


Have a happy week ahead, everyone!